Understanding your Finances

We may ask you to complete an Income and Expenditure form (I&E) to get a detailed understanding of your finances.

It is helpful to gather all your relevant information, including bills, receipts and documents, before you fill in your I&E. It is important to include your basic living expenses. Completing one of these forms is useful as it may help you to think of ways to reduce or cut your spending and expenses.

The I&E should be filled out fully and accurately. There are options to consider if you need help:

• Speak to us:
The Arrears Support Unit (ASU) responsible for your loan can help you complete the I&E. We can provide help over the phone. If you would prefer to meet in person, we can arrange a suitable time and location for a meeting. We can meet you at our offices in Dublin or Shannon, or at your home if that would suit you better. Whichever venue you choose, we will maintain your privacy. Check our contact us page for the relevant ASU.

• Independent advice:
You may prefer to seek independent advice from your financial advisor or from MABS (the Money Advice and Budgeting Service). MABS is a national, free, confidential and independent advice service for people in debt difficulties or in danger of getting into debt difficulties. The Useful Contacts section provides details on MABS and other useful contacts.

Supporting documents
We may also ask you provide additional documents so that we can fully assess your situation.